Important Notice regarding COVID-19 Coronavirus.
Our holiday park will not be able to accept any guests undertaking self-isolation.
If you have arrived in New Zealand from overseas after 1am on Monday 16th of March 2020 you are required to self-isolate for 14 days.
All guests arriving at our park that have arrived/returned from overseas since the 16th of March will not be permitted to enter unless they have completed their 14 day self-isolation.
Sorry for this inconvenience, we are doing this as a precaution for the safety of the wider community and other guests as we are unable to offer sole use of communal areas like bathrooms and kitchens.
We appreciated your co-operation on this and are happy to offer a full refund in this occasion.
Steps we currently put in place to keep everyone safe.
The Safety and well- being of everyone who uses The Forest Camp is always our priority. We are actively monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and are taking steps to help keep our communities safe.
As we all adjust to new precautions, I want to highlight a few actions we are taking;
- We can confirm that all staff have been in New Zealand for the last 14 days.
- All staff have been well informed of what the symptoms are and what to watch for.
- All staff have been directed to stay at home and not come to work if they develop any symptoms
- Good hand hygiene and sneeze/cough hygiene has been discussed with all staff.
- We are not accepting any bookings for anyone that has been required to self-isolate.
- We are offering free cancellation for anyone that is wishing to cancel due to the need to self-isolate.
- We are reminding everyone who stays at the Forest Camp to follow guidance from public health authorities. If you’re sick, stay home and away from others. Wash your hands frequently, and cover your cough or sneeze.
- We have changed our check in forms to now include information from the New Zealand Ministry of Health for all casual guests.
- We will be informing each individual school the name of any other school that may be on site during their stay.
- We are closing the camp to all Casual Guests during the week day to allow schools only on site Monday to Friday
- We are working alongside Activity Hanmer to ensure all schools are kept safe at this time.
- We have changed our regular cleaning procedure from using vinegar to now using disinfectant in all areas.
- We are applying extra vigilance to more high contact areas eg. Door handles, light switches ect
- We have increased our deep cleans on all communal areas.
We understand that this is a very stressful time for all, but we would like to reassure you that we are doing all that we can to keep the community safe and this includes our guests. We are actively taking guidance from the Ministry of Health and will make any changes required when these come to light.
If you require any further information from us please do not hesitate to contact us.
Regards Donna Knight Camp Manger