Important Notice regarding COVID-19 Coronavirus.
Steps we currently have in place to keep everyone safe.
The Safety and well- being of everyone who uses The Forest Camp is always our priority. We are actively monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and are taking steps to help keep our communities safe.
We ask all guests to please sign in using the QR code or our sign in sheet upon arrival.
As we all adjust to new precautions, I want to highlight a few actions we are taking;
- All staff have been well informed of what the symptoms are and what to watch for.
- All staff have been directed to stay at home and not come to work if they develop any symptoms
- Good hand hygiene and sneeze/cough hygiene has been discussed with all staff.
- We are reminding everyone who stays at the Forest Camp to follow guidance from public health authorities. If you’re sick, stay home and away from others. Wash your hands frequently, and cover your cough or sneeze.
- You will see signs around the camp reminding you of the guidelines from the Ministry of Health.
- We will be keeping all information for individual guests incase contact tracing was required.
- We are closing the camp to all Casual Guests during the week day to allow schools only on site Monday to Friday
- We are working alongside Activity Hanmer to ensure all schools are kept safe at this time.
- We have changed our regular cleaning procedure from using vinegar to now using disinfectant in all areas.
- We are applying extra vigilance to more high contact areas eg. Door handles, light switches ect
- We have increased our deep cleans on all communal areas.
- We are supplying Hand Sanitizer in all communal areas for guests to use.
- We are supplying disinfectant in all communal Kitchens for guests to use before and after use of the space.
We understand that this is a very stressful time for all, but we would like to reassure you that we are doing all that we can to keep the community safe and this includes our guests. We are actively taking guidance from the Ministry of Health and will make any changes required when these come to light.
If you require any further information from us please do not hesitate to contact us.
Regards Donna and Bart Knight - Camp Mangers